Monday, January 31, 2011

Reunited and it feels so good!

You may have noticed a very absent someone on the blog lately. A very absent Christine that is.


I mean, at one point I did consider renaming the blog "The Adventures of Jess and Christine....oh and I ate something."  No worries friends, this friend til the end is still in my life, even if life did get in the way for a little while. Changes in job schedules, fitness goals, living situations and love can do that sometimes, but true friends will always reunite eventually. And just like the song says, it does feel so good.

A few other things that work really well together?

Sweet potatoes and spices (salt, black pepper, garlic and cayenne pepper to be exact.)


Ground chicken and black beans. Roasted green chilies and pepper jack cheese.



If you need a little reunion, in your kitchen or otherwise, follow my lead:

Combine 1lb ground chicken with one drained can of black beans, plus salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. These burgers were very soft, and I had to sear them in a hot pan before finishing them off on the grill and adding the above mentioned chilies and cheese.


Served with the "sweet potato fries" and Steiner and I's beloved Duchess.


Topped with creamy avocado, tender spring greens and juicy tomato.  I highly recommend this comboniation.

Christine provided dessert, via Fresh Market.



Pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and a ginger sugar cookie. Yet another reunion I support 110%.

Love to all,
the, "I love a good reunion" gal, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!