Saturday, January 22, 2011

And I said....

....what about breakfast at Tiffany's? dinner at Stephannie's?
Oh yes, I think we both kinda liked it know she'll cook how we like it!

Meet Stephanie:
(again....she pops up on the blog every now and then) 
Oh, and Sky, my favorite Chihuahua. 


She is one of my best friends from undergrad and I'm very lucky that she is attending vet school at UF. While we both have crazy, hectic schedules, we always make time for each other, even if it means making plans months in advance or at the last second!

So, I wasn't surprised when she called me on a Sunday night to see if I was free to attend a dinner party at her house early that week. As in Monday-early. See, Steph had just purchased new table settings, plates, and flatware and simply had to use them. ASAP. Count me in!

 Pretty, right?

Monday night 6 lovely ladies (all from vet school, sans me!) snuggled in around a beautifully set table, and ignoring the herd of doggies and kitties keeping our feet warm, to indulge in classic comfort food.


Spaghetti, turkey meatballs, made from scratch sauce and garlic toast. Plus unpictured Cesar salad. Classic, satisfying and perfect for a fun Monday night in!


Plus homemade cookies from the vet gals and a bottle of chocolate red wine, contributed on a whim by yours truly.  The cookies were divine. The wine was.....interesting? Confusing? Very sweet. More like chocolate milk on crack than an after dinner drink in my opinion, but not a bad experiment for 10 bucks!

 One kitty I can't ignore:

Jazzy, the munchkin. This sweet little low rider has legs that are only about 1.5 inches long! Such a cool kitty. And luckily she doesn't mind just rubbing my legs, since any closer and I turn into a snotty, blotchy, sneezing post midnight Cinderella. Love you, L.R!

Thanks again for a great dinner, Steph! Love you, crazy cat (and dog!) lady.

Love to all,
~the "I love impromptu dinner party nights" gal, Jess

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww, kitty! I'm interested in the chocolate wine...where was this purchased?

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips

@thatswhatsummersaid

It was on sale at Publix last week, but I've seen a similar product at Sam's Club and ABC too.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!